With increasing ownership of mobile phones and expanding mobile phone network coverage, there is an unprecedented opportunity to leverage this technology to collect population-based data. MICS Plus is a new longitudinal household survey that collects data on a regular basis, with interviews conducted over direct phone calls. Built on 25 years of experience with MICS, it can be used for high-frequency data collection on emerging issues such as crisis monitoring (most recently during the COVID-19 pandemic), measuring programme coverage and opinion polling among others.
This event, led by the Global MICS Team, will discuss the MICS Plus methodology, with first-ever survey results from Mongolia on COVID-19 self-protection measures and distance learning. It will take place at 9 am EST on February 11th.
- H.E. Mr Enkhbold Vorshilov, Permanent Representative of Mongolia to the United Nations
- Batdavaa Batmunkh, Chairman of the National Statistical Office of Mongolia
- Mark Hereward, Associate Director, Data & Analytics, DAPM, UNICEF
- Attila Hancioglu, Chief, Data Collection Unit, Data & Analytics, DAPM, UNICEF
- Tatjana Karaulac, Statistics and Monitoring Specialist, Data Collection Unit, Data & Analytics, DAPM, UNICEF