Year of activation: 2019
NCC: UNICEF P3 FT
IMO:UNICEF NOA FT (double-hatting)
Other: UNICEF NOB and NOC Nutrition Officers
UNICEF lead; and 4 sub-national cluster platforms are led by UNICEF and selected NGOs in the states of – Rakhine, Shan, Kachin and South East.
January to December 2021
- As impact of COVID-19 in 2020, suspension of community activities and supply transportation interruption during the peak periods in April and August, there were low performances and high defaulters at treatment of acute malnutrition program.
- Travel access and community movement restrictions due to security reason and COVID-19 pandemic causes limited community or direct activity implementation.
- Limited resources and capacities of partners for nutrition in emergency response require competency based training, coaching and mentoring
- Weak supply chain and information management system to support quality service delivery
- Challenging context of Rakhine including high numbers of girls admitted for SAM treatment compared to boys require strong gender analysis and gender responsive approaches